Our client is a renowned Financial Services institution with a focus on regulation and with an increasing public profile. We are now looking to appoint a Financial Controller to manage the Financial Accounting function through a significant period of change. This is a high profile and influential role reporting into the newly appointed Head of Finance.
You will be accountable for the delivery of robust, accurate and timely financial reporting, including the Annual Report, which complies with all relevant legislation and policies. You will be the technical expert in all aspects of the financial control framework, regulatory framework and provide guidance on standards, policy and governance.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- A professionally qualified accountant with in depth technical experience
- Strong commercial and financial skills with exposure to financial services being advantageous
- Experience of managing financial operations in a range of environments
- Experience of developing and implementing financial plans to meet organisational objectives
- Experience of building, leading and growing a high calibre professional team
- Experience of critically and constructively challenging performance
- Experience of effective risk management
You will have dynamic and decisive leadership qualities as well as the confidence and communication skills to influence senior members of the organisation/sector. Although working closely with the Financial Services sector, our client has a unique culture which encourages flexible working and a work life balance.